10 medium unpeeled carrots, chopped
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped (optional)
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 tsp chopped oregano
1 tbsp chopped parsley
enough stock to just cover vegetables, about 6 cups
salt and pepper to taste
1. Over medium heat, in a large pot, sautee onions in olive oil until lightly golden, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook about two minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add sweet potatoes and cook about three minutes. Add in carrots and sautee for five minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add in stock, to just cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer. Simmer for 25 minutes, until carrots and sweet potatoes are fork tender.
4. Add chopped cauliflower, simmer ten more minutes.
5. Using an immersion blender, carefully puree the soup in the pot. Alrenately, you can transfer the soup (carefully!) to a blender and puree in batches.
6. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes, turn off heat and let soup sit for a few minutes before serving.
You can add cream to thicken it more, if you'd like, but I kept the soup itself pretty light and vegan (then topped it with a bit of goat cheese). This soup is really great warm with some toast as well as cold! Enjoy!